Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - My Bookish Bucket List


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks prompt is to list the bookish things on you "to do before I die" bucket list. I was surprised at how hard this was for me. I just did a travel bucket list for the release of Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy (check out my review and the list). But it was hard to think of bookish things. I'm not sure why. I'm not much of a planner. I'm just kind of a doer when it comes to this stuff, but I wracked by brain and here's my list...


1.) Read all the classics on my Top Ten Popular Authors I Have Never Read list
There's so many amazing authors of classics that I want to read. Check my list out. Dostoyevsky, Hemingway, Tolstoy, Hardy Agatha Christie. The list goes on and on. (I am planning to check a few of these off my list in the next few months)

2.) Read 100 books in a year
My plan for my Goodreads challenge was 60 but as I am already at almost 30 I think that goal is in the bag. So my new goal for this year is 100. If I can't meet it this year I will keep trying.

3.) Write 
I have very little faith in my writing ability but I do have faith on my storytelling ability. I have lots of ideas of books that I want to write. I participated in NaNoWriMo last year and wrote the 50K words but never actually finished that book. I want to write more for fun and as a creative outlet.

Can I live here? Can this be my house?
4.) Have built in bookshelves
I feel like owning a home library is out of the question (but it would be great) instead I would love to have a room in my house/apartment that has built in bookshelves. A wall of books perhaps.

5.) Open a Librewery
I had this idea a few years ago where I would open a Library with a brewery in the basement. You could come and checkout books while you drank microbrews that were crafted right on the premise and had literary names. There would also be a Cafattic (cafe in the attic). Then I read this article about a guy who crowdfunded a book and beer store and I was all THAT'S MY IDEA!

6.) Meet some of my favorite authors
I don't live in a place where book tours visit. Pittsburgh is apparently not a literary hot spot (they always go to the eastern side of the state). So I need to make an effort to meet people like JK Rowling, Rainbow Rowell, Ann Brashares, Lev Grossman, Leigh Bardugo, and many more.

7.) Attend BEA
To be surrounded by all those books and people excited about books. That is the place where I can meet these amazing authors and some of you blogging folks! I'm so excited to attend this year. Nervous, but excited.

8.) Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter World in Universal Orlando
So next year is a big birthday for me so my best friend and I are planning a trip to Orlando to celebrate and also feel like kids and not adults. We're so excited to geek out and visit everything. Do people dress up? We're planning to dress up!

9.) Go on a Bookish Road Trip
I've always wanted to do a cross-country road trip. It's be so cool if it was literary themed. Like one of the trip Kerouac made which inspired On the Road or like the trip Laura Ingells Wilder took out west that inspired Little House on the Prairie. I also want to go on a road trip and not use any GPS. Just maps and road signs and a sense of adventure!

10.) Never stop loving the joys of books
I want to one day retire and do nothing but travel and read!

7 comments:

  1. I think everyone has 'build bookshelves or library in their house' on their bucket list. Every book lover's dream!!! Geez! I'd love to go to Harry Potter World too. I was just letting another blogger know that they recently just opened up some new attractions there, like the Hogwarts Express Train, The Leaky Couldron Restaurant, Gringott's Wizarding Bank and Diagon Alley!! FUN RIGHT!!!!!
    Check out my TT @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list. I would too one day love to do nothing but read and travel. That would be amazing! I haven't finished my NaNoWriMo project either, I was so close to finishing that draft, but I stopped working on it and am having trouble getting back to it.
    Good luck with your classic authors! I haven't read many of them, I should probably do this eventually too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! I sooooo NEED to go to the Harry Potter park in Orlando!! Saw that on another post and it so skipped my mind to include that in my post! BEA too! Sooo need to go there as well! At least once!

    And I loooove that bookshelf picture you found! I need to add that to my scrapbook for my own house! Heehee! Really I have no such thing, just a blog post of other bookshelves for around the house that I saw in other places!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a bookish road trip. My husband listened to American Gods by Neil Gaiman when he drove from Washington state to NY for college. He loved listening to a road trip book while driving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7 and especially #9! That sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAT BUILT IN BOOKSHELF!! Oh man, that is a thing of beauty. And a Librewery?? Ha, awesome. GREAT list - they would all be on my bucket list, as well. So jealous that you'll get to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter soon!! Take lots of pictures, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would visit your librewery! There's a place here that's a bookstore and wine bar and I love it! I also love how this is a Top Ten Tuesday. You may want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List at http://www.thebookwheelblog.com/50-bookishthings/, too!

    ReplyDelete