Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Sekret by Lindsay Smith

 A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Sekret
Series: Sekret Book #1
Author: Lindsay Smith
Published: April 1, 2014 by Macmillan
Amazon Goodreads

Synopsis:  An empty mind is a safe mind.

Yulia's father always taught her to hide her thoughts and control her emotions to survive the harsh realities of Soviet Russia. But when she's captured by the KGB and forced to work as a psychic spy with a mission to undermine the U.S. space program, she's thrust into a world of suspicion, deceit, and horrifying power. Yulia quickly realizes she can trust no one--not her KGB superiors or the other operatives vying for her attention--and must rely on her own wits and skills to survive in this world where no SEKRET can stay hidden for long.


Why I'm Waiting

Things I love in books                                                                                     Things in this book
1.) Historical Fiction                                                                                       1.) Historical events
2.) Russian History                                                                                          2.) Russian History
3.) Books about people with supernatural powers                                        3.) Supernatural powers
4.) Strong female characters                                                                     4.) Strong female characters
5.) Reluctant heroes                                                                                        5.) Reluctant heroes

When I first heard about this book I was totally intrigued. It is definitely the kind of book I would be interested. Set during the 1960's in Soviet Russia, a strong female protagonist with supernatural powers, and what sounds like a mysterious adventure. I follow Lindsay Smith on twitter and her live tweeting of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies were so fantastic it made me much more interested in her book. As the release comes closer I am seeing other bloggers review the book and loving what their saying. I read one review where they talked about why they like Yulia, the main character, and it was exactly why I love reluctant heroes (I'm going to do a discussion post on this next week). Then I saw a few guest post where Lindsay talked about psychic powers and Russian History. Everything I learn about this book makes me more and more anxious to read! That's why I'm waiting!

What are you waiting for? Leave me a comment and thanks for stopping by. HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I have been seeing this one around lately! It does sound rather intriguing! It was on Netgalley last I checked. Not sure if there were restrictions on it for residence wise. Hope you get to read it soon and love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many good reasons on your list to be waiting for this book! Love that format, so clever!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW. The Dark Elements series is seriously awesome!!

    ReplyDelete