Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - In the Afterlight


A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: In the Afterlight
Series: The Darkest Minds #3
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Published: October 28, 2014 by Disney-Hyperion
AmazonGoodreads

Synopsis: Ruby can't look back. Fractured by an unbearable loss, she and the kids who survived the government's attack on Los Angeles travel north to regroup. Only Ruby can keep their highly dangerous prisoner in check. But with Clancy Gray, there's no guarantee you're fully in control, and everything comes with a price.

When the Children's League disbands, Ruby rises up as a leader and forms an unlikely allegiance with Liam's brother, Cole, who has a volatile secret of his own. There are still thousands of other Psi kids suffering in government "rehabilitation camps" all over the country. Freeing them--revealing the governments unspeakable abuses in the process--is the mission Ruby has claimed since her own escape from Thurmond, the worst camp in the country.

But not everyone is supportive of the plan Ruby and Cole craft to free the camps. As tensions rise, competing ideals threaten the mission to uncover the cause of IANN, the disease that killed most of America's children and left Ruby and others with powers the government will kill to keep contained. With the fate of a generation in their hands, there is no room for error. One wrong move could be the spark that sets the world on fire.


Why I'm Waiting 

I had heard about this series a long time ago and was totally intrigued by the combination of a dystopian world with teen who have X-Men like superpowers. In April I read The Darkest Minds and Never Fade. I was blown away by the thrilling plot, amazing characters, and complexities in this series. I was almost instantly hooked on Ruby's story and her Hero's Journey. The final installment of this series comes out at the end of October and I have so many questions! There's just so many loose ends.

Can Ruby use her powers to make things right?
Will my ships sail? (I have two in case you were wondering, I'll tell you if you ask!)
Will Ruby reunite with her parents?
What's the cause of IAAN?
What's going to happen to the camps?
Is Zu ever coming back? (I haven't read In Time yet which may answer this question)
Is anyone to be trusted?

I was delighted to meet Alexandra Bracken at BEA! I told her how much I loved the books and theorized on a few things including how I wanted it all to end and my ships (ask me about my ships). Like a good author she played coy which of course got me more excited!


What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you as excited for In the Afterlight as I am? Do you have as many questions as I do? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't started this series but I hear great things! Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! Never read this series but heard good things! And I loooooove this Veruca clip! That's how I feel about every WoW!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! This is a new to me book, but it sounds right up my alley. I read one of her other books, Brightly Woven, and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably need to read this at some point. Everyone loves it so much.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete