Sunday, December 27, 2015

Stacking the Shelves - December Edition

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Last month I decided to do a Stacking the Shelves at the end of the month just sort of like a monthly book haul and I liked it so much I decided to do it again. I am still on a book buying ban but I did buy a few books this month and got some really great review books that I'm excited about. So here are the books.

Bought


1.) Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - (Add to Goodreads / My Review)
I pre-orded this one because i was so excited to finish this trilogy. It was amazing.

For Review


2.) The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson - (Add to Goodreads)
This looks like a really interesting LGBTQIA coming of age story of identity. Plus it's a debut which is great because I'm doing the Debut Author Challenge again. Thanks Macmillan!

3.) Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica - (Add to Goodreads)
I loved Mary Kubica's debut and I have a copy of her second book I still need to read but this one sounds really good thriller. Thanks Harlequin. 

4.) The Skylighter by Becky Wallace - (Add to Goodreads)
I'm still dead because I got an ARC of this one. It's one of my most anticipated sequels. I need to know what happens to Joanna and Rafi and all the characters! Thanks Simon and Schuster!

Gifted


The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce - (Add to Goodreads)
My OTSP Secret Sister got me the entire quartet this month which is amazing! I cannot wait to read this series finally.

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - (Add to Goodreads)
This one came from my Broke and Bookish Secret Santa. I needed one more debut for the year and I was excited for this one so I read and enjoyed it.

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - (Add to Goodreads)
Also from my Secret Santa. I read my first Patrick Ness this year and wanted to read more. I've heard good things about this series so I'm excited to read it.

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - (Add to Goodreads)
Britt from Please Feed the Bookworm is amazing and sent me a copy of this book because she had two and knew I was interested in reading it.

Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman - (Add to Goodreads)
Britt also sent me this one because she's awesome, like I said. This sounds like such a me book too. She knows me so well.

See How They Run by Ally Carter - (Add to Goodreads)
This was also from my Secret Sister as a Christmas gift. She pre-ordered it for me and it was waiting for me when I got to my parents' place. I started it this morning.

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle - (Add to Goodreads)
The only book I got from my family. My brother got me a copy of this book and I'm so excited because I love this story.
So those are all the books I got this month. With the holidays I got way more than I usually do in the gifted category. I'm so excited for all of them. Thank you so much to the amazing publishers who approved my request on Netgalley and Edelweiss as well as my Secret Sister and Secret Santa. What books did you get this month? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

4 comments:

  1. So many people love The Song of the Lioness series that I think I must find time for it soon. I traded The Knife of Never Letting Go and I am beginning to wish that I hadn't. Ha ha. I watched The Last Unicorn movie about 100 times with my sister when she was little. I have never read the book though. That is something else I have to remedy as well. I never thought, but it would be a fantastic gift for my little sister! I started doing a monthly Stacking the Shelves a while a go, but from Halloween prep on I kind of kept forgetting, so I think that will be one of my Blogging resolutions for 2016. Happy New Year, Cassi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very nice! Some new to me ones here!! For some reason it wasn't until a year or so ago, that I learned The Last Unicorn was a book! I watched the movie as a kid a lot but never knew it was based on a book! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for you to read the Alanna books! They were so much fun! I cannot wait to re-read them for Nori's challenge!

    And YES Their Fractured Light was the most amazing series ender for the Starbound Trilogy, though I wouldn't mind a bit of an extra epilogue or something!! ;)

    ReplyDelete