Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books of 2015

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Honorable Mentions
15.) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
14.) The Diviners/Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
13.) Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
12.) Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine (Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
11.) Uprooted by Naomi Novik (Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)

The Books:

10.) Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
There are actually a few contemporaries on this list and when I started the year I thought that those were not my kind of books. Then I read this one and realized it isn't me, it's them. Since then I have been able to find some that I have loved and I own to this book which earns itself a spot for that reason.

9.) Beastly Bones by William Ritter
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
Jackaby was my favorite debut of 2014 and I thought it was just a standalone. But no, there are more. Four books in total. This is the sequel and it was just as fantastic. Fun characters, a great mystery, and a thoroughly entertaining read.

8.) The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
This was also the year I realized I was maybe also reading the wrong books set in WWII. I love historical fiction but was avoiding it until this book. I had been avoiding this book on purpose but I caved and I'm glad because I loved it.

7.) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benajamin Alire Saenz
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
I listened to this audiobook on the way back from BEA and it destroyed me, it was so good. And for fans of Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda narrates it and does a fantastic job. This is just a beautifully written story of friendship, love, and acceptance.

6.) The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
This was an absolutely brilliant debut fantasy. It had a really unique world, complex and likable characters, and an ending that has me desperately wanting more.

5.) The Martian by Andy Weir
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
And this one is another audiobook that I just loved. Oh wow, I loved it so much. The narrator perfectly captured the humor and the drama of this book. But on the whole it's just a really fantastic Science Fiction adventure.

4.) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
The fourth book in the Throne of Glass series was absolutely brilliant. I leveled up my fangirl feelings of this series after reading this one and started developing crazy theories about where things are going. Plus this book had so much action and serious squad goals.

3.) Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
Last year my book was lousy with Brandon Sanderson books but then again so was my list of books read. This is my only Sanderson book of this year but of course it's in my top 3. All Mistborn books are wonderful and this one blew me away.

2.) Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
It's a little embarrassing to talk about how happy this book made me, It's just so freaking cute and funny and sweet. It also has some really great messages about friendship, LGBT issues, and of course romance. It had a really fantastic balance between serious and fun.

1.) A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
(Amazon / Goodreads / My Review)
This book is just absolutely brilliant. The multiverses, the magical system, the characters, the plot development. Everything. It seriously blew me away and had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. It is a new favorite and without a doubt my favorite book of the year.

Those are my favorite books of 2015. What books made your list? Do we have any in common? Did you read any of these books? What did you think? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

11 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love the book thief! I think they made a movie for it that I still haven't seen though. Lol. Here's my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-ya-novels-i.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Since You've Been Gone, The Book Thief, and The Martian! Loved them all. I need to get to some of those others next year. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books on your list, but I can't wait to read Since You've Been Gone and Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda.
    Great List!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesssss ADSOM! Loved it so much~ Simon was so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these but most of them are on my TBR! ADSOM and Since You've Been Gone :)

    Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love Since You've Been Gone. Still need to read Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, I've heard it's amazing!!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought for sure Illuminae would in your top ten!! You are all sorts of surprising lately :) Also yay for Aristotle and Dante!! Such an emotional read. I love stuff like that! I really want to read The Martian soon. And Lair of Dreams (how have I not read that yet... oh yeah bc it's SO loooooong haha). Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice! I can't wait to read the Storyspinner now that I see its made your list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS AMAZING!! 3 of my favorite books are on here. The Book Thief is my all-time favorite book and also Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda. Throne of Glass is one of my favorite series, but I just need to read Queen of Shadows. GREAT PICKS!♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just added three of your picks to my TBR for 2016! I loved The Book Thief also. Looks like you had a great year of reading. :)
    Laura
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really glad you loved The Book Thief and The Martian. They are just too good.

    ReplyDelete