Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Series to Binge on Audio

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Okay so I love this weeks prompt. It's all about audio. And you guys know how I love me some audiobooks. I have done more than my fair share of TTT posts about audiobooks (Favorite AudiobooksBooks to Reread As Audiobooks, Books if You're In the Mood for An Audiobook, Why I Love Audiobooks Favorite Audiobook Narrators). But honestly that made this prompt a little more difficult. I have done a ton of Top Ten Tuesday posts about audiobooks. What else is there to say? So in the end I picked one that is similar to a few of these topics but reevaluates the earliest one which is about rereads. Here are some series I

1.) His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman - Goodreads / Audible
So I binged this series on audio last December and it was a great choice. These are really fantastic audios. What I love about them is that they are told like radio play style with a full cast so they are different than most audiobooks and it's also a fresh experience of the series.

2.) The Reckoners by Brandon Sanderson - Goodreads / Audible
This series is one of my all-time favorites on audio. The narrator is seriously so brilliant. I listened to Steelheart on audio and the rest is history. But seriously if you are looking to try audiobooks for the first time, this is a great one to start with. Then binge the series.

3.) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer- Goodreads / Audible
I love these audios so much. I binged the series right before Winter came out for a reread that after trying to read the physical book, I had to go back to the audio because I had the narrators voice in my head. She's honestly so good at the characterization.

4.) The Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater - Goodreads / Audible
I also binged this series before the final book, The Raven King, came out in April and I loved these audiobooks so much. I also had the narrators voice in my head but not as much as with TLC so I alternated back and forth.

5.) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - Goodreads / Audible
So I have binged this series on audio a few times. Recently with Empire of Storms coming out I listened to the most recent books. I know this one is hit or miss for a lot of people but I love the narrator. I would totally recommend this for a reread though.

6.) The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss - Goodreads / Audible
I love these audiobooks. Nick Poedhl is fantastic. He can honestly do it all. But my favorite of his is absolutely this series. He captures the atmosphere of this world and it's diverse characters. Plus I like listening to audio for longer books because I get through them faster.

7.) Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson - Goodreads / Audible
I'm telling you, Sanderson books have some of the best narrators. These ones are great. I read the book and listened to them when I marathoned the series a few years back. If you are looking to try this series and like audiobooks check these out.

8.) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin - Goodreads / Audible
I know these books are intimidating. Trust me, I know. But the audio is actually pretty good. It has it's problems but if you are looking to try this series or reread it before Winds of Winter comes out then marathoning the audio is probably a good idea.

9.) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams- Goodreads / Audible
I mostly listened to the audio for this series when I read it for the first time. I seriously loved it. It is one of the first audiobooks I ever listened to and I loved it so much that I got hooked on the form, especially for travel.

10.) Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld- Goodreads / Audible
I binged this series last year and it was amazing. It's narrated by Alan Cumming who does an amazing job with all the characterizations and accents. If you like steampunk and are looking for some audiobooks check this series out.

11.) Starbound by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner - Goodreads / Audible
I binged the first two books in this series as a reread before the final book came out last December. They were totally fantastic. Each book has two different (sometimes 3) narrators and it really helps with the whole companion series. Plus they're just really great audios.

12.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Goodreads / Audible
I probably shouldn't put this one on the list because I have only listened to the first one. But I think it's fantastic and I need to read more but they are just so many books. But if you're like me and want to read or reread this series audio might be the way to go.

Honorable Mention to the Ones I Need to Listen to
13.) Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Goodreads / Audible
14.) The Magicians by Lev Grossman - Goodreads / Audible
15.) The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - Goodreads / Audible

There you have it. The books I recommend binging on audio. These are some of my favorite audiobooks too. Coincidence, nope. But if you are looking for a series to binge on audio either as a reread or for the first time these are ones I loved. What audio would you recommend?

9 comments:

  1. Levitation made my list too!

    I also listened to the first Outlander book on audio, and while good it just didn't make the cut for my top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Lunar Chronicles and ToG on audio. I am thinking of doing HP on audio too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the ToG audiobooks too! I'm looking forward to listening to them all next year in preparation for the last book!

    And Six of Crows audibook is awesome, so highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Game of Thrones audiobooks! I'm currently listening to A Clash of Kings and I'm also listening to Dragonfly in Amber. This is my first time listening to one of the Outlander books on audiobook so I'll have to see how I enjoy it. I definitely want to try out the Name of the Wind on audiobook. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice picks! Can't say I ever got into audiobooks. Mostly because I'm a daydreamer...lol! And I can't really focus on the story if I don't have the book in my hands to read at my own pace. But still, great picks! See some faves of mine here!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Reckoners is wonderful, MacLeod Andrews does a great job. / I didn't love Cinder, but the narration kept me going and I liked Scarlet better. I hope to get to Cress soon. / I don't love Will Patton's female voices but still really liked The Raven Boys. / I though Leviathan dragged quite a bit in the middle, so it's another one where an excellent narrator kept me going.

    My TTT: "Dear Audiobook Producers: I Really Want These"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love Leviathan, the book and the audiobook. Alan Cumming just blew me away as always. Great list~

    Here’s my TTT this week~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only listened to two audio books so far, the first two of the Songs of Fire and Lice series. I know I would have got bored reading the huge books and with so many characters I would have been totally confused (although admittedly I don't think I would have worked out the characters if I hadn't watched the TV series first!) Great list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Raven Cycle and Throne of Glass! Such great series!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-75/

    ReplyDelete