Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Take the Key and Lock Her Up by All Carter

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Take the Key and Lock Her Up
Series: Embassy Row #3
Author: Ally Carter
Published: December 27, 2016 by Scholastic Press

Synopsis: THE PRINCESS IS DEAD.
LONG LIVE THE PRINCESS.

Centuries ago, the royal family of Adria was killed . . . or so everyone thought.
Now Grace Blakely knows the truth:

There was one survivor, and that survivor’s blood runs through her veins. This simple fact could cause a revolution — which is why some people will stop at nothing to keep it from coming to light. 

There is only one way for Grace to save herself, save her family, and save the boy she loves. She must outmaneuver her foes, cut through the web of lies that has surrounded her for years, and go back to the source of all her troubles, despite the risk.

If she wins, she will inherit a throne.

And if she loses, she will inherit the fate of all the dead princesses who came before her.

Why I'm Waiting 

I'm definitely a fan of Ally Carter's work. I really liked The Gallagher Girls series even though I did not finish it. But I am going to finish this Ally Carter series. I'm kind of excited about finding out how this will all end.

The way the two previous books have been ending is totally changing the game. Ally Carter has managed to craft a really interesting narrative that is unfolding the more we read. It's not really a mystery but there are mystery elements. I'm really excited to see where it leads and how it ends.

But I am also really interested to see the character development here. Grace is not really what I would call an unreliable narrator but she is kind of unreliable. She's also not someone I would call a reluctant hero but she is pretty reluctant. It's a fun combination of the two and I'm excited to see her overcome that here. Plus I think there is going to be some really fun twists on the hidden princess trope.

Last year I spent Christmas vacation reading an Embassy Row book and my plan is definitely to do that again this year. I haven't preoreer it but I will need to get my hands on a copy.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on A Million Worlds With You along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet but this one's title is so fun haha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I tried reading this series but couldn't really get into it. Hope you enjoy this installment once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Ally Carter, I'll have to give her a chance one day!

    Candace @ Lovey Dovey Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, interesting... I didn't know about this new book by Carter! It's been years since I read one of her books, but I remember really liking that book. I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, now I'm more curious about the series again... I read the first book but wasn't entirely keen on reading the rest of the series, but seems like I missed some interesting revelations on book 2!

    ReplyDelete