Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Debuts of 2017

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1.) Frostblood by Elly Blake - Add to Goodreads 
Release Date: January 10, 2017
I am such a sucker for YA fantasies, even ones that sound super tropey and like a ton of other fantasies I have read. Mostly I think I'm interested in this one for the magical system.

2.) Heartstone by Elle Katherine WhiteAdd to Goodreads
Release Date: January 17, 2017
Jane Austen with dragons. That's all the explanation you need, right? That's all the explanation I needed. I mean how amazing does that sound. I really need this book.

3.) Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson - Add to Goodreads 
Release Date: January 24, 2017
I love a good mystery and there is nothing better than a person wrongfully accused attempting to clear their name. Plus this has a diverse MC and what I am hoping will be a true crime kind of vibe.

4.) Caraval by Stephanie Garber - Add to Goodreads 
Release Date: January 31, 2017
I have heard nothing but great things about this book, which is good because it sounds fantastic. I've been waiting to read it until release date.

5.) Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: February 7, 2017
I cannot wait to read this book. I feel like I have talked about it enough, so I don't really need to explain here why I am so excited. Plus I am pretty sure you all are just as excited about this one as I am.

6.) Empress of A Thousand Skies by Rhonda Bellaza - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: February 7, 2017
I am very rarely disappointed by books that have political intrigue and take place in space so obviously I am very excited about this one. I have to get my hands on this book because it sounds like my kind of read.

7.) Gilded Cage by Vic James - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: February 14, 2017
I have heard good things about this book. The reviews say it's a pretty dark YA fantasy and I am all about that. I have an e-ARC of this one from Netgalley and I am pretty excited to read it.

8.) Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: February 14, 2017
I mean obviously I need this book. Young adult fantasy about pirates? Sign me up. Not to mention it is about a female pirate. I am very excited about this book you guys.

9.) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: February 28, 2017
I like to read a few contemporaries a year and this one definitely sounds like one I would like. It seems complex and diverse and very very topical. I know a lot of people are excited about this one too.

10.) Freya by Matthew Laurence - Add to Goodreads 
Release Date: March 14, 2017
I love books about mythology/mythological figures in modern settings. It always makes for a fun fish out of water story. This one definitely sounds fun too.

11.) Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland and Michael Miller - Add to Goodreads 
Release Date: March 21, 2017
I mention this one last week because it sounds right up my alley. Anything compared to Firefly is something that will intrigue me, for sure. Plus as previously stated, I'm a sucker for political intrigue in space.

12.) Bloodrose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: March 28, 2017
It should come as no surprise that this made my list what with my penchant for YA fantasies. I'm guessing this one will make it on a number of lists this wee because it is a pretty highly anticipated series. I'm all for fantasy that combines magic and society.

13.) Cold Summer by Gwen Cole - Add to Goodreads 
Release Date: May 2, 2016
I learned about this one recently from someone else's top ten list and I was like "why am I just learning about this now?" This is a total me book. It's historical mystery and time travel set during WWII. I'm into it.

14.) One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: May 30, 2017
If the book is compared to The Breakfast Club then I am interested. Especially if it is a YA mystery with unreliable narrators. Just to be clear, this book is those things and I cannot wait to read it.


15.) Wicked Like Wildfire by Lana Popovic - Add to Goodreads
Release Date: August 15, 2017
This sounds like a really interesting magical realism series. I was really into magical realism last year and I'm pretty sure I will be really into it this year too. Plus, check out that cover. So. Pretty.

There you have it. All the debuts that I am really excited to read for mostly the first half of 2017. What debuts are you excited about? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I really can't wait to read One of Us is Lying, AND I already can't wait for you to read it to see if you know who it is!! Also, there's a book on my list this week that you would just LOVE!!! LOL, no I'm kidding--- you'll prob be scared of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several of these on my list and have heard awesome things about The Hate U Give. I can't wait to get my hands on it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some of these on our list as well! Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices this week, we have mostly the same lists! I'm so excited for One of Use is Lying, Cold Summer and Empress of a Thousand Skies especially. I hadn't seen Shadow Run before your list, it looks great! Will definitely have to check that one out! I hope you manage to read them all and love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several of these are on my list as well, although you also gave me several ideas for more title to add to my TBR. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of Freya - I'll have to add it to my tbr! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete