Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters That Made Me Swoon

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I'm not the kind of person who usually makes book boyfriends and/or girlfriends very easily. I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but I am generally pretty romancephobic. But every once and while, a character comes along that makes me swoon, whether because I like them personally or because I like them with the character in the book. Here is that list.


1.) Luca Lowe in Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin - My Review
Luca is one of the only characters that I consider to be legit book boyfriend material. I absolutely adored him in Wolf by Wolf. I don't know what it is, he's super charming but has this rebellious streak that is only matched by his caring. He's wonderful.

2.) Sean Kendrick in The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater - My Review
Speaking of wonderful, how much did I love Sean Kendrick in The Scorpio Races? Answer: so much. I think a lot of that had to do with that is the fact that I listened to the audiobook and he was narrated by Steve West who makes me swoon every time.

3.) Thomas Cresswell in Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco - My Review
I read Hunting Prince Dracula pretty recently and oh my god do I love Thomas Cresswell. He was so flirty and charming and incorrigible in that book and it made me so happy. I ship him and Audrey Rose so badly but in general I love Thomas.

4.) Levi in Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - My Review
I love Fangirl so much and I totally related to Cath a lot, so it's no surprise that I would swoon for her romantic lead. But seriously, Levi is so sweet and adorable. I want some one to bring me a special coffee drink they made.


5.) Blue in Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - My Review
So Blue is a perfect example of a character who made me swoon for the character. Blue is seriously so adorable. I remember thinking him and Simon were so cute when I read it the first time. Then I reread Simon Vs.in April and loved him even more.

6.) Conall Maccon in The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger - My Review
There are seriously so many Gail Carriger characters I could put her. She writes so amazing characters. I out Lord Maccon because when I read the Parasol Protectorate I was surprised by how much and how quickly I bought into the romance.

7.) Frank Porter in Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - My Review
I love Morgan Matson's comte,praries and I honestly could have picked Clark from The Unexpected Everything by I'm picking Frank because this was the book that made me fall in love with Morgan's work and realize that I don't hate contemporaries. So thanks Frank Porter.

8.) Rhy Maresh in the Shades of Magic series by Victoria Schwab  - My Review
It was really hard to pick a character from this series. I love all of them so much. I almost picked Alucard Emory because he's such a charming "lovable rogue" but I ended up going Rhy just because I just remember loving him so much in ADSOM that I shipped him with everyone.


9.) Henry "Monty" Montague in The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee - My Review
I am absolutely in love with Monty. He is like many characters on this list and completely adorable and completely incorrigible. I love how much of a hopeless flirt he is but I also so love how much he cares about Percy. I love them so much and had to add Monty to this list.

10.) Mark Watney in The Martian by Andy Weir - My Review
Mark Watney is someone who if I met in real life, I would have a serious crush on. He's super smart, makes bad jokes, and is super sarcastic. Yup I would be so into it. I really loved him when I read the book a few years ago. I just wish the character was more charming in the movie.

11.) Adelina Amouteru in The Young Elites by Marie Lu - My Review
I love Adelina so much. She is one of my all-time favorite characters. I love her development and I love how devious she is in the book. I definitely shipped her with Enzo but I think a lot of that was because I liked Adelina so much.

12.) Mia Corvere in the Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff - My Review
I read Godscrave last month and I super enjoyed. Mia is another character that I am putting on this list because I shipped her with other people. But oddly in this case it's not just one person, but multiple. So that got me thinking, maybe Mia is the one that has me swooning and not those people.

13.) Manon Blackbeak in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas - My Review
Sarah is so good at writing ships that like every character has made me swoon. So I'm picking my favorite of her characters. Manon is on this list because I have such a girl crush on her. Like the last two characters I think she is super interesting and complex. I love her and all the Iron-Teeth witches.

There you have it, all the characters who made me swoon. What characters made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. OOoh nice!! Thomas was on my list to start with, but then I started feeling weird having sooo many YA boyfriends on the list and I'm not actually a teen! Lol! Weird to feel weird I know!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on starting Nevernight this month if no other books come in between so I'm gonna keep an eye out for Mia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Levi is a resounding YES! He was fabulous and I liked his persistence. Lord Macon was too much! He and Alexia together were fire on the page.

    ReplyDelete