Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: New to Me Authors of 2017

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1.) Daniel Jose Older
Books Read: Shadowshaper and Shadowhouse Fall
I had wanted to read this series for awhile but I never got around to reading it or even listening to the audiobook until this year. But I wish I had read it sooner because it was amazing!

2.) Kristen Cashore
Books Read: Jane, Unlimited
I had heard amazing things about the Graceling series and despite loving YA Fantasy I never got around to reading it. But after reading and loving Jane Unlimited I wish I had read it.

3.) Cherie Priest
Books Read: I Am Princess X
Princess X was a fast and fun mystery and I loved the way it incorporated the comics. I have wanted to read Cherie Priest for awhile and now I want to read more of her complex stuff.



4.) Robin LaFevers
Books Read: Grave Mercy
This series has been on my list for awhile but despite having copies I didn't read it until this month and I only read the first book. I think I need to read the rest this year.

5.) Laini Taylor
Books Read: Strange the Dreamer
This may surprise some people because I am a huge fan of YA fantasy and everyone raves about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. But I didn't really have much interest, the talk of angels kind of turned me off. But now I want to read it.

6.) Jenny Han
Books Read: To All the Boys I Loved Before, P.S. I Still Love You, Always and Forever Lara Jean
I don't read a ton of contemporary romances but I had heard good things about this series and I gave it a try. I'm so glad that I did because it was really amazing!


7.) Jennifer Latham
Books Read: Dreamland, Burning
This was one of my favorite books of the year. In fact it was my favorite book until like July. It was so good. I had wanted to read Latham's debut but I never did and now I wish I had.

8.) Sarah Pinborough
Books Read: 13 Minutes
I don't think that I heard of Sarah Pinborough until 13 Minutes. I wish I had been reading her books ages ago because this one was really and fantastic mystery.

9.) Kathryn Lasky
Books Read: Night Witches
I really liked this historical fiction book. It's super under the radar but it's really good. Lasky is a pretty prolific children's book author and yet I have never read any of them.


10.) Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashon, and Jodi Meadows
Books Read: My Lady Jane, The Afterlife of Holly Chase (Hand)
I was just going to put Cynthia Hand on the list because I read two of her books this year and they were both pretty good. But it was the first time I read Ashton and Meadows as well so they should really make the list too.

There you have it. The authors I read for the first time in 2017. What authors made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. I really need to read a Laini Taylor book. She’s on a lot of lists today.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've been meaning to try Jenny Han's books, and Kathryn Lasky is an old favorite of mine ever since I read her Memoirs of a Bookbat back in 7th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read several of these authors and greatly enjoyed their books. Han is a favorite. I was really glad we got to see LJ get off to college. I am such a fan of Cashore's Defy series, but I am scared to read her new one. I love the Janies!! I am so excited for the next Jane book.

    ReplyDelete