Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab


A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine
Title: City of Ghosts
Written by: Victoria Schwab
Published: August 28, 2018 by Scholastic

Synopsis: Cassidy Blake's parents are The Inspectres, a (somewhat inept) ghost-hunting team. But Cass herself can REALLY see ghosts. In fact, her best friend, Jacob, just happens to be one.

When The Inspectres head to ultra-haunted Edinburgh, Scotland, for their new TV show, Cass—and Jacob—come along. In Scotland, Cass is surrounded by ghosts, not all of them friendly. Then she meets Lara, a girl who can also see the dead. But Lara tells Cassidy that as an In-betweener, their job is to send ghosts permanently beyond the Veil. Cass isn't sure about her new mission, but she does know the sinister Red Raven haunting the city doesn't belong in her world. Cassidy's powers will draw her into an epic fight that stretches through the worlds of the living and the dead, in order to save herself.
 
Why I'm Waiting:

I am a big fan of Victoria Schwab's books. She is an auto-buy author for me. All of her books are dark and mysterious with great atmosphere and a lot of surprises. I am super excited to read a Middle Grade book that she writes. I know she has written some in the past but it has been a long time since she has done that and I haven't read any of them.

But either way, I would be really excited about this book. I don't read a lot of horror but from time to time I like reading books with a supernatural element, especially Middle Grade because I am kind of a wuss, so Middle Grade horror is just perfect for me. Plus the concept is fantastic. The daughter of bad ghost hunters who can actually see ghosts. I love that!

I am definitely going to be picking up a copy of this book. I will more than likely preorder. But I am also hoping there might be copies at ALA or I will request it from Scholastic. It's been a long time since I requested a physical ARC but I think this may be a good one to try again.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on City of Ghosts along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. This book just sounds like so much fun. I love that the MC's parents are a ghost hunting team. I may have a tiny obsession with ghost hunting tv shows. Haha

    ReplyDelete